Monday 4 June 2007

Arrival in Brussels - ECON on Statistics

8.30 Leave for Heathrow. I am getting the earlier flight, which is a little inconvenient as we are trying also to meet some noon amendment filing deadlines and I am in transit at crucial times. It is good to be in Brux for 1pm and have time before committee, but on balance I think it is preferable to have the time in communication with my offices before leaving. Once I arrive we work on the financial services white paper amendments.

15.00 Into the ECON committee. Among other things we discuss my report on the Statistical Advisory Board. Some of my ideas seem well received. I think the German Presidency still want to stick to some exact wording that they have agreed in one or two places, but I am hoping for some input for colleagues first.

19.30 Depart for my flat to dump suitcase before going to a dinner of the International Trademark Association, following from their conference.