Monday 12 March 2007

Strasbourg begins

5.30 In the taxi and off to Luton. Routine trip and I get to the Parliament at 12.15. Investigate email and other ongoing matters. There are some issues with a report on Corporate Social Responsibility, so I check through those and other information that Carol dug out on Friday. Carol arrives at about 2.00 pm. We continue to sort through the issues that are coming up in Group and check through the written declarations that I am thinking of signing.

16.00 Downstairs to the Group meeting. We discuss the annual policy statement. We then get on to the report on collection societies and copyright. Ignasi says that we have not approved all the amendments we tabled, we just agreed to table them. I was not present at the relevant meeting, but I agree with Toine’s amendments.

17.30 The Lib Dem European Parliamentary Party meeting. I am in the chair. Nothing very new or controversial. There is a new staff appointment to discuss but we will do that at our breakfast in the morning when we do not have assistants present.

18.30 All kinds of bits and pieces that need attention seem to have arisen. There is a meeting tomorrow on Audiovisual Media Services which is back from Council, and there are some problems with the latest proposals. The report on football is also to be discussed and I am putting amendments in on that. Leave at 8.00pm