Friday 9 March 2007

Back to Britain

8.00 Arrive in office and pack letters into my suitcase. I am speaking in Godalming College this afternoon and in London this evening, so transport works out more sensible connecting to Surrey by train at Waterloo. I get the 9.56 Eurostar and work on my speech on slavery and child soldiers for the evening. College visit is good with interesting questions from the students. The evening is to celebrate 200 years since the abolition of slavery and to point out that there are still challenges to face of modern day slavery and human trafficking. I am the first speaker as I am a member of all the organisations involved: the British Group of Liberal International, the National Liberal Club and Anti-Slavery International. Sue Darling of Anti-Slavery follows, than Liz Lynne. It all fits together quite well.