Thursday 19 April 2007

Packing for the trip home

9.15 Arrive at the office with my huge suitcase. I need it for taking back a vast number of letters that we have printed and stuffed. There is then no room left for the suits I will need in Strasbourg so I stuff them into my trunk as well. It will be a bit problematical if my trunk goes walkabout now as sometimes happens. After completing the packing of trunk and suitcase I turn again to various amendments. We are then contacted by the tabling office about the language of the compromise amendments on damages actions. The rapporteur says he is happy for me to resolve the problem. There is one place where there was some awkward English that I had left because it was clearer than the alternative, which the tabling office now proposes. I find a clearer third suggestion.

12.15 I meet with people from FFII. I had replied to one of their emails to explain how my amendments dealt with some of the same concerns that they had. We have a useful exchange on a range of issues.

13.50 I leave with my huge and heavy suitcase to get the Eurostar. I am going to have problems with this when I get to the London end and all the steps…. The weekend now beckons with visits to Lewes and Eastbourne