Monday 12 February 2007

A frustrating journey to Strasbourg

5.30 Taxi arrives to go to Luton airport. Easyjet have sent out an email saying allow an extra 45 minutes on your journey because of road works – a bit much really when the journey should take us less than 30 minutes. I allow an extra half hour. I bet all this does is cause everyone to be extra early so that we get queues for security again. This turns out to be the case.

We land on time 10.05 (9.05 UK time) and there is no car in sight. Eventually a driver turns up who is also collecting for the next flight in. I decide I want to know in advance if that is the case. I will have a word with the Strasbourg desk. The next flight in from City airport is late.

A wet and rainy journey to the Parliament follows, which gets in after 12.00 so no chance of putting amendments in on the Lisbon paper. Annoying.