Sunday 19 November 2006

Welcome to my blog!

I have been in the European Parliament for 18 months, and I now realise why many politicians have kept diaries: if you do not events and time just blur away. So here is the start of mine. It is not comprehensive, but as well as reminding me of what I have done I hope it gives others who dip in a taste of what fills our time.

There are four different types of week in the European Parliament: a Committee Week, followed by a Mini-Plenary week, then a Group Week and finally a Plenary Week in Strasbourg. These weeks follow in regular cycle, except for when there are breaks when the Mini-Plenary is skipped or replaced by a full Plenary. It will become clear what happens in each of these weeks as you read on.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I have enjoyed writing it!