Monday 29 January 2007

Start of Mini-Plenary week

10.00 I get a train to London as we have arranged to have an Office meeting with Miranda coming from Folkestone, Sue from Berkhamsted and Carol is over for the weekend from Brussels. We have a useful session in the National Liberal Club then I go to get a flight from City Airport.

It does not seem such a bad trek with the break for the meeting and I quite enjoy seeing the sights of East London from the Docklands Light Railway. I get to Brussels about 5pm. Carol has used Eurostar to get back and arrives at about 6pm, but as she left the NLC about half an hour after me I reckon she had the better deal in terms of comfort. There is an email from Andrew Duff saying that there is a vacant vice chair position on the human rights sub committee. We have four people on that committee. I tell him that under our agreed protocol of the long serving members who have not been VPs, it should be Sarah and he says that is what he will be aiming for.

19.00 I have a meeting with Brenard-Louis Roques from Truffle 100. He seems to want to pick my brains on the current situation with Intellectual Property.